The Playwrights Realm
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Thank you for your interest in The Playwrights Realm and our Native American Artist Lab!
Apply for Native American Artist Lab
Submissions have extended and will close on Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 11:59PM EST.
Native American Artist Lab is seeking applications from Native American Artists.
General Application Components:
- Online application - short-answer questions (See details on the websites )
- Artistic résumé, bio, or list of history. Can be written or a video/audio recording.
- A draft of the piece you wish to develop, with your name and title on a cover page. If there are multiple authors or generators, please list all names on the cover page. (PDF format)
- Supplemental Materials (optional)
- Up to 15mins worth of supplemental material to give a larger sense of your artistic practice.
- Material can include up to 30 pages of a different play, letter of reference, audio, video, and/or a portfolio of images.
To apply for the Native American Artist Lab you must:
- Have a project that would benefit from dramaturgical conversation with The Realm and a 15-hour developmental reading process. (Plays can be anything from a rough first draft to a play that is close to production-ready.)
- Be able to legally work in the USA
- Be able to be present in New York City, should circumstances so allow, for a reading process of between 3-6 days at a time agreed upon by both you and The Realm.
You can also review more information on the Native American Artist Lab and an FAQ HERE
To access the application form you will either log into your submittable account, or if you don’t have an account already, create a secure User ID and log in for submittable. This will enable you to save drafts as you work and verify that your application has been received.